Moving to a new location is a challenging task considering the stuff you have to move. Heavy stuff like furniture items need special attention and methodology to accomplish a safe move. Mentioned herewith is a useful list of DOs and DON’Ts for you to consider when moving furniture.
- Select one of the movers in South Australia well in advance. Get a couple of quotations from different vendors and make a decision as early as possible. Maintain a very good communication line with the vendor and explain your necessity clearly. Ask them for a site visit and offer you the estimate
- Take apart all the possible furniture items before movers in South Australia It is a smart way of easing the carrying process and storing them inside the vehicles as well as in the storage (if necessary). Be sure to wrap them with appropriate supplies and label them after dismantling. Such step ensures the safety and an easy assembling process.
- Wrap glass items with appropriate padding and blankets to avoid potential damages during the moving process. Although most of the movers in South Australia offer very safe moving strategies, it is always better to make some precautions from your end too. After wrapping the items with blankets and padding, be sure to label them accordingly.
- Don’t dismantle the expensive furniture items if you don’t know the proper way of doing it. It is better to ask for some help from a professional or someone else (a friend or a relative) that knows how to dismantle furniture. In case you have a large number of such items to dismantle you may check with the selected movers in South Australia if they can assist you (for a fee of course). This is a great way to avoid potential damages and expensive loses.
- Don’t use cotton gloves while lifting furniture. Although many people think that the cotton gloves are capable of preventing injuries the truth is the exact opposite. When you use cotton gloves, the grip on the furniture becomes weaker and the chances of causing damages to yourself and furniture are more. You might notice that even the professional movers in South Australia do not wear any gloves when they lift furniture.
- Don’t drag furniture across the floor. When you drag furniture items the floor becomes vulnerable to damages. The situation becomes worse if the floor is a carpeted one. Upon such case, you will end up paying for the damages of the floor as well. So, make sure to lift the items and minimize the potential damages for both the furniture and the floor. Adhere to same strategy when unload the items and place them in the new house you move into.
- Don’t rush the moving process. To make things easier for the movers in South Australia (which is a benefit for you end of the day), start the packing and labeling process well in advance.
Make sure that you don’t damage yourself. If you don’t have enough support and confidence in moving heavier furniture, don’t hesitate to contact your moving company and explain the situation as they may have a solution for you.